Pages

Monday 13 June 2011

BT Infinity Review



Ok, so on the 30th May 2011 you guys probably seen my unboxing of the BT Home Hub 3 Infinity package if not then please feel free to check it out at http://www.youtube.com/mrphatslim . Now that I have had the time to try it out and download and upload a few things I must say overall I amvery very impressed in the speeds of both and the connection seems to be pretty strong too. In the first few days it would lose connection and would not connect for about an hour or so, but given time for the new line to settle, it was excellent.

I live in Partick, Glasgow in Scotland and I dont know how far away I am from the connection point but my tests at speedtest.net state I am getting 30mbs and uploads of 3mbs. However when I start downloads I am only getting 3mbs downloads and about 1mbs uploads, not that thats bad or anything but it could be faster :) So all is good with the connections and things, but the smae however cannot be said for BTs billing. I signed up for the £18 per month for my broadband and telephone and the first 3 months are supposed to be free (Supposed to be) However my first bill included things like £5 for them to deliver the Home Hub which I could not use until the BT engineer came out anyway, so why he did not bring it is beyond me. Second of all there is charges for the first 3 days of use which was not included in my contract. Little things like this are kind of an off put I suppose but if you sit and carefully go over every item on the bill and contact BT then the staff are very fast to help.

This might not be the case for every BT bill, so do not let my experience put you off joining because each to their own and you might not experience the same things. Overall I would really suggest going with BT as long as you do not mind having to inspect your bills and maybe having to contact them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment